Senior Test Analyst / Test Analyst - ETL, Data experience
Our client is an established consultancy renowned for their expertise in delivering data projects. Their success has led to continued growth and are looking for experienced Test consultants at Analyst, senior and lead levels to join their organisation.
The company is involved in cutting edge projects assisting some of the largest and leading businesses in the country with major initiatives relating to areas such as Big Data, Cloud, Data Warehousing, and BI. As an experienced Consultant or Senior Consultant within the company you will be given the opportunity to work on some of the most cutting-edge projects in the field and work alongside the best in the business. The business holds the professional development and expertise of its consultants in the highest terms possible and you will be given access to the latest technologies before anyone else and will have unrivalled training and development opportunities.
We are looking for test professionals who excel in customer facing situations. As well as the ability to conduct or lead testing practises you will need to be adept at drawing out testing requirements and representing strong testing principals and actions with development teams and business users. You'll be imperative to all phases of system test, functional, non-functional, integration and regression testing and should have acted as a test analyst or senior test analyst in data warehouse environments in the past.
- To work with project and technical teams to support the development of system test strategy & plans.
- To assist in creation of detailed system test plans and to own and drive them forward to completion.
- To support the definition of entry and acceptance criteria from functional and technical documentation
- To create test cases, scripts and supporting artefacts
- To create test data and/or mine test data for test cases within production data sets.
- To thoroughly review unit test documentation for functional coverage
- To execute test case and to supervise the execution of test cases.
- To raise defects and to review defects raised by other testers for quality and completeness.
- Coach and mentor junior testers or developers placed in a test role.
- At least 3 years' experience of system test in a senior test analyst or team lead role in a data warehouse environment
- Expert SQL and data analysis skills.
- Understanding of SDLC and knowledge/experience of test and defect management
- Experience of creating test cases from functional and technical documentation
- Collaborative approach to testing with strong influencing skills
- Able to work closely with a strong development team and influence unit testing
- Highly organised and disciplined, with a flexible approach to work
- BCS/ISEB testing qualification
- Experience within large retail organisations
- Knowledge of the use automated test processes within a data warehouse
On offer is a strong salary and benefits package and extensive options for professional advancement and development. Please note though that this is with a consultancy and whilst every effort is made to keep consultants local to home some travel across the UK is inevitable and must be something you can live with.
This vacancy is advertised by Agile Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Agile Recruitment Ltd for contract and interim recruitment are those of an Employment Business and for permanent and fixed-term recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.