Our client is an instantly recognised household name operating in the Retail industry. Based in London you will be an integral part of the Propety & Asset Management finance team.
The Senior Finance Manager (FP&A), Property will report directly to the Head of Finance - Property but will also interact and business partner to the wider Property Estates and Property Leadership teams. It is primarily a technical accounting role, with emphasis on delivery and reporting.
The Property Finance team is a small team of c.5 people and therefore this role will be expected to take charge of the store estate accounting. This will include managing and developing the model that has been built to deliver the calculations as well as designing and implementing processes to ensure that the outputs translate into accurate ledger postings.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivery of the budget, forecast and 3 Year Plan for store estate
- Development of the model for store estate accounting and the supporting processes to ensure that store actions are appropriately accounted for
- Work collaboratively with other property finance colleagues to ensure that latest decisions and assumptions are appropriately accounted for
- Work with Group Finance and Tax to ensure that external reporting requirements relating to the store estate programme are delivered
- Support Retail Finance on the bi-annual impairment review for relevant stores and ensure that the impact of impairments is correctly recognised in subsequent accounting.
- Brief senior finance and property stakeholders on the latest status of programme provisions and charges and the impact of future decision making on these.
The key skills/experience needed are:
- Qualified accountant
- Previous experience in commercial finance (Property finance preferred)
- Experience with Asset Management
- Excellent attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to communicate well with senior management, business stakeholders and finance community
- Quick learner, enthusiastic and solution driven
- Planning and Forecasting experience
- Business / Financial Analysis
- Natural curiosity of Retail/Online and the wider Retail market / competitive environment and the impact on the group property portfolio
- Systems Skills
- Advanced Excel skills are key and Alteryx experience is preferred
- Other systems (e.g. SAP, BPC) is a benefit, but not essential