Thie role as Lead DevOps Engineer will set up and lead the DevOps team, strategy, tooling and DevOps culture for this large organisation. You will be responsible for definig the strategy, managing the deployment, build and continuous integration (CI) of the project through production, test and development.
- Ability to build and lead a DevOps / data engineering team to build supportable, sustainable, and reliable services
- Experience deploying, profiling, and debugging distributed data systems built on hadoop
- A keen interest in open source tech and a desire to contribute back to the global community and educate the business internally
Your technology experience should include any combination of: Scala, Python, Go, Hortonworks, Kafka, Zookeeper, Docker, Kubernetes, Postgres, Puppet, Ansible, AWS, Hadoop, Artifactory, Quay.io, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Prometheus, Git, Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins,
The skills you have:
- Solid understanding of Continuous Integration (CI)
- Have implemented DevOps from Scratch including strategy, team build and Dev Ops technology implementation
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Jenkins, big data platforms and transitioning to cloud services
- Reasonable fluency in at least one of: python, scala, java
- Knowledge of configuration management tools e.g Puppet, Ansible, Chef
You will join to establish the DevOps area in a growing big data engineering function and have the responsibility to define the automation, continuous integration and DevOps strategy and roadmap.
Agile recruitment are the premier data and analytics recruitment partner for this organisation, apply online now for a truly amazing role of Lead DevOps Engineer