This position provides an introduction to DevOps in a rapidly growing Cloud technology specialist. As a Junior Platform Engineer you will be at the forefront of DevOps and cloud technology using your skills for a variety of undertakings. You will speak with customers daily understanding their issues and requirements taking the lead on support tickets, including high priority incidents, helping see them through to resolution. Exposure to a wide variety of technologies and software is a given and you will be expected to learn as you go, though industry recognised training and certification will be given. Support is also always available from senior engineers; however, the expectation is that you will first troubleshoot an issue yourself before seeking help from others.
You'll need be able to demonstrate your ability to learn varying new technologies at a fast pace and good knowledge of GNU/Linux, an understanding of the TCP/IP stack and prior experience in 1st or 2nd line support experience in an IT environment. Good communication skills, verbal and written are vital as you will be user facing.
In the post you'll be given exposure to a wide variety of technologies so any pre-existing experience or awareness of the following will give you a head start but is by no means essential:
* Configuration management tools such as Puppet, Ansible or Chef
* Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services
* Supporting infrastructure as code with Terraform, AWS CloudFormation or similar
* Exposure to at least one scripting language, preferably Python or Ruby
* Experience working in high traffic web environments
* Microsoft Windows Server and SQL Server
* Experience with continuous integration and associated technologies
* Knowledge of container based technologies such as Kubernetes or Docker
* Knowledge of a version control system, preferably Git
* Use of Hashicorp tooling such as Packer and Consul
The position involves:
* Making changes to infrastructure as code across the customer base.
* Understanding of application configuration and deployment using configuration management tools
* Utilise industry recognised open source tooling such as Terraform, Puppet, Packer, Vagrant, and Docker
* Work with a wide range of Google Cloud Platform services on a daily basis
* Day to day support of existing customer infrastructure including problem analysis and resolution
* Assisting customers in understanding how cloud technology can help them grow and the benefits it offers
The company keeps its office environment really relaxed with lots of team activities going on inside and outside the office including Office pool table with regular office competitions and PS4 and breakout area, for more competitions its own coffee shop and relaxed dress code.
Package also attracts Private healthcare scheme and death in service cover, Company contributed pension, Discounted gym membership.
This vacancy is advertised by Agile Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Agile Recruitment Ltd for contract and interim recruitment are those of an Employment Business and for permanent and fixed-term recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.