Hardware Engineer - VHDL - C
As the selected Hardware Engineer, you'll join an expert, multi-disciplined engineering team where you'll work on the design and validation of high bandwidth embedded systems for a global client base across security and medical.
Responsibilities for the role of Hardware Engineer will include:
- VHDL and firmware design, with an emphasis on and the integration of these layers to develop high speed digital and mixed signal systems based on FPGAs or embedded processors.
- Board bring-up and debug, using scopes, analyzers and embedded firmware IDE's to verify signal integrity, functionality and performance.
- Development of embedded firmware drivers for FPGA functions and external ASSP devices.
- Communicate with software engineers to agree APIs and debug test benches.
- Provision of system and sub-system testing and interface validation for all new designs, ensuring that a design meets the required specifications and represents a robust solution that is suitable for production.
- Analysis of failures and feeding solutions back into the design flow.
Your technical skills and experience should include:
- Experience of 'C' programming for the development of embedded drivers and for system debug.
- Experience in VHDL or Verilog, and an understanding of FPGA operation and tool-flows.
- Practical hardware debug and test skills.
- Team-working skills and good verbal and written communications are required to ensure efficient integration of board design, FPGA and firmware developments, and software drivers.
- A systematic and analytical approach to debug and problem solving, and an ability to communicate with the rest of the team to discuss, agree and document possible solutions.
- A resilience to time pressure and an ability to work flexibly and proactively to deliver designs to market quickly and efficiently.
Experience of high speed networking (10Gb Ethernet) would be a great asset but not essential
The company is an industry leading, award-winning technology developer who are going through a large round of expansion due to continued success and product demand. They can offer challenging but rewarding work within a highly innovative and collaborative environment where you'll encouraged to develop your technical skills. This is a great opportunity for experienced Hardware Engineer ready for a fresh new challenge.
Benefits include bonus, pension, death in service, flexible working hours and flexi-leave.